- Main goal: develop a omic
(genomic, proteomic and metabolomic) data bank of the Brazilian
athletes in order to help in the development of sports in
- Assess the distribution among the Brazilian
athletes of the omic markers renownedly important for athletic
performance and sports medicine.
- Assess the impact of these omic markers
in the physical aptitude of the athletes by means of association
- Identify in the omic data bank the most frequent
markers in our population, in order to create a platform to help
in the counseling of individuals with respect to the kind of physical
activities and sports modalities that suits them best. With this
counseling we expect to enhance the chances that our athletes
pursue a healthy and successful physical training and eventually
a career in sports.
- Develop a software to serve as a support tool
for the counseling of our young future athletes.
- Promote the development of sports in Brazil
as a means of social inclusion, based on the omic sciences.